ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Vous êtes ici:

Frauenkirche

Voir toutes les 12 images Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

Frauenkirche
Church of Our Lady
100062

Plan

Structure générale

église
construit [achevé]
baroque

Usages

église luthérienne

Faits

  • The foundation stone was laid on August 26, 1726.
  • After the war, the ruins were left as a memorial to WWII - and as a warning against such a catastrophe ever happening again.
  • During reconstruction, around 8,000 original stones were used; these are charred black from the conflagration which explains the church's 'speckled' appearance.
  • Although unfinished, the church was consecrated in 1734.
  • The Protestant Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) was one of the great masterpieces of European Baroque architecture until its destruction February 13-15, 1945, as a consequence of the Allied firebombing of Dresden.
  • The spectacular Pinnacle Cross was presented to the church on February 13, 2000 (the 55th anniversary of Dresden's destruction) by the Duke of Kent.
  • Following German reunification in 1991, a privately sponsored, publically oriented project to rebuild the Frauenkirche was initiated. Despite controversy, this effort has made great progress and aims for completion in 2006.
  • The Pinnacle Cross was paid for by British donations and constructed by British craftsmen, one of whom had a father who was involved in Dresden's bombing.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

Neumarkt
Dresde
Saxe
Allemagne

Données techniques

299,31 ft
299,31 ft
220,01 ft
1738
1743
2005
1945

Entreprises participantes

George Bähr

Show now
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings