ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Download as PDF

Colton Hall

Identification

Colton Hall
Monterey City Hall
1147961

Plan

Structure générale

Bâtiment bas
construit [achevé]
béton
grès
structure exposée
blanc
néoclassique

Usages

bâtiment gouvernemental
musée

Faits

  • As the Alcade of Monterey, Rev. Walter Colton erected the Hall with funds raised by subscription, with fines imposed in his court, and through prison labor.
  • While Monterey was the county seat of Monterey County, from 1850 to 1873, the building served as the county courthouse.
  • California's first constitutional convention was held here from September 1 to October 13, 1849, where 48 delegates gathered on the second floor to form the country's 31st state.
  • Named for Walter Colton (1797-1851), chaplain in the U.S. Navy, and co-publisher of California's first newspaper, The Californian.
  • This is the oldest continually used municipal building in California.
  • Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

580 Pacific Street
580 Pacific Street
93940
Path of History
Monterey
Californie
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

24,67 ft
32,00 ft
76,00 ft
2
1847
1849
1949

Entreprises participantes


Show now
Show now

Spécificités

  • L'immeuble est connu dans cette ville
  • Patrimoine local
  • Patrimoine régional
  • Monument national
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings