ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Vous êtes ici:

Detroit Commerce Building

Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

Detroit Commerce Building
People's Outfitting Company Building
118537

Plan

Structure générale

immeuble
démoli [détruit]
acier
terre cuite
maçonnerie
blanc gris foncé
école de Chicago

Usages

bureaux

Faits

  • The structure was originally constructed as the main department store for the People's Outfitting Company. It was opened to the public on May 11, 1916.
  • As downtown Detroit began to decline, and with urban department stores becoming less popular in many parts of the country, the People's Outfitting Company went out of business in the 1960s. The building was almost immediately converted to office use and opened as the Detroit Commerce Building.
  • Closed in 1997 with the only tenants remaining being the Wayne County Veterans Affairs offices, Detroit Historic Commission, Detroit Transportation Corporation, and the Detroit People Mover offices.
  • The Detroit Downtown Development Authority announced on September 20, 2006, that they had secured funds to have this building demolished to create a parking garage for the Westin Book-Cadillac Detroit. That garage later had residential units added on and is now called The Griswold.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

138-150 Michigan Avenue
1100 Shelby Street
138-150 Michigan Avenue
48226
Downtown
Détroit
Michigan
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

170,00 ft
170,00 ft
160,00 ft
12
1
1915
10.5.1916
2007

Entreprises participantes


Show now
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings