ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.

Boji Tower

Voir toutes les 10 images Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

Boji Tower
Olds Tower, Capital National Bank Tower, Michigan National Bank Tower
128282

Plan

Structure générale

immeuble
construit [achevé]
ossature rigide
acier
brique
pierre de taille
maçonnerie
gris clair marron orange orange foncé
art déco

Usages

bureaux
bâtiment gouvernemental commerce(s) stationnement

Faits

  • The tower portion (original construction) of this building contains 104,000 square feet of office space.
  • The tower portion contains 3.5 million pounds of structural steel, and 654,000 bricks in 17 different colors.
  • The letters of the historic "Michigan National" sign were made of porcelain enamel and lit with red neon. They were 4.5 feet tall and 200 to 300 pounds each.
  • A 11-story addition was added to the east side of the tower between 1965 and 1967.
  • The Michigan National Tower was originally named the Olds Towers in honor of industrialist Ransom E. Olds. The brick and stone tower, with its tall, narrow profile topped with a spire and beacon, was typical of American skyscraper design in the early 1930s. Four engraved panels in the portals of the main passenger elevators also reflect themes of labor and industry typical of the time.
  • This tower is the tallest office building in Michigan outside of Metropolitan Detroit.
  • The historic, neon "Michigan National" sign was dismantled in November of 2001 after 47 years of use as Standard Federal bought out Michigan National Bank in October of that year. Most of the letters had to be scrapped due to their poor state, but three were saved.
  • The tower underwent a much needed replacement of its windows and other minor repairs in 2004.
  • This building was added to the National Register of Historical Places in 2005.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

120-130 West Allegan Street
124 West Allegan Street
48933
Ward 4
Lansing
Michigan
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

363,85 ft
296,92 ft
23
2
1929
1931
1965 - 1967

Entreprises participantes

Hopkins and Dentz

Show now
Show now
Show now

1965 - 1967


Show now
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings