ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.

Romney Building

Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

Romney Building
Hotel Olds
Jack Tar Hotel
Olds Plaza Hotel
Plaza Hotel
George W. Romney Building
128289

Plan

Structure générale

immeuble
construit [achevé]
ossature rigide
béton
brique
pierre de taille
maçonnerie
beaux-arts / historisme

Usages

bâtiment gouvernemental

Faits

  • It was opened to the public on July 14, 1926 as the 300-room Hotel Olds, built on the site of the Oakland Building.
  • The hotel was purchased by the Jack Tar Hotel chain in 1960 and renovated. And again changed hands in 1970 when a local group of developers purchased and renovated it renaming it the Olds Plaza. It was finally purchased in 1977 by PRD, Inc. and renamed the Plaza Hotel, which closed soon after.
  • The empty building was renovated renovated for office use starting in 1988 for use by the State of Michigan with local architects Hobbs & Black leading the design team. It reopened in 1990, and in 1997 was named after a former Governor of Michigan.
  • The 1990 renovation included the addition of 45,000 square feet wrapped around the original light court of the building, creating an interior atrium beginning on the 4th floor.
  • This building's most prominent tenant is the Governer and some legislative offices.
  • The structural height includes a small parapet that rises above the penthouse roof, supporting decorative cornices on each corner.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

111 South Capitol Avenue
111 South Capitol Avenue
48933
Ward 4
Lansing
Michigan
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

165,00 ft
158,00 ft
145,00 ft
14
1
1925
1926
1990
5
$1 227 455

Entreprises participantes

Holabird & Roche

Show now
Show now
Show now

1990


Show now
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings