ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Vous êtes ici:

Pillsbury A Mill Tile Elevator

Voir toutes les 7 images Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

Pillsbury A Mill Tile Elevator
Red Tile Elevator
149965

Plan

Structure générale

immeuble
construit [achevé]
acier
pieux forés
brique
maçonnerie
rouge foncé

Usages

industrie (non spécifié) silo

Faits

  • No longer in operation, this elevator is part of what was once the largest flour mill in the world.
  • Easily visible from the downtown Riverfront and Mississippi River Bridges, a rooftop neon sign flashes the slogan, "Pillsbury's Best Flour".
  • As part of the East Bank Mills, the five floors of the headhouse above the elevators will be converted to one residence each.
  • Although Pillsbury is now part of General Mills, the company still maintains a Research & Development facility on University Avenue, just north of the mill complex.
  • The main mill building has 9 floors and the neighboring elevator has 5 machinery floors above the grain storage tanks.
  • The word 'Impeach' was painted in large white letters just above the top of the elevators on the east side weeks before the 2004 General Elections. They were removed by Thanksgiving.
  • It was added to the National Register of Historic Places and named a National Historic Landmark in 1966.
  • The developers have proposed to complete the renovation of this historic structure by August 2008.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

401 Main Street SE
Main Street SE, 400 block
55414
Pillsbury A Mill
Marcy Holmes
University
Minneapolis
Minnesota
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

189,00 ft
189,00 ft
7
1909
1910

Entreprises participantes


Show now
Show now
Show now
Show now

Spécificités

  • Monument national
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings