ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Vous êtes ici:

A. Alfred Taubman Center for Design Education

Voir toutes les 6 images Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

A. Alfred Taubman Center for Design Education
Argonaut Building
195977

Plan

Structure générale

immeuble
construit [achevé]
acier
brique
mur-rideau
gris clair marron foncé
art déco

Usages

université
bureaux commerce(s) école

Faits

  • The building was originally constructed as General Motors' first research facility in 1926, and was enlarged in 1936. The company largely vacated the building when they moved from New Center to downtown in 1997, and completely left the building by 1999.
  • Fire Insurance Maps indicate this building is 140 feet to the main roof, not including the prominent penthouse.
  • Orton Development of California was to renovate the building for mixed-used starting in the spring of 2006, but due to the economy the plan never came to fruition.
  • The College for Creative Studies of Detroit announced on June 18, 2008, that they had begun to renovate the building for classroom space and 300 beds of student housing, and will occupy 70 percent of the building. The $145 million renovation is scheduled for completion in fall 2009.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

435-501 West Milwaukee Street
500 West Baltimore Street, 6400-6432 2nd Avenue
485 West Milwaukee Street
48202
Central
New Center
Detroit
Michigan
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

184,60 ft
184,60 ft
184,60 ft
140,00 ft
11
1928
1930
1936

Entreprises participantes


Show now

1936

Spécificités

  • Échelle d'incendie attachée à la façade
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings