ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Vous êtes ici:

Church of St. Margaret Lothbury

Voir toutes les 7 images Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

Church of St. Margaret Lothbury
207510

Plan

Structure générale

église
construit [achevé]

Usages

église

Faits

  • There has been a church on this site since the 12th Century. This church was rebuilt in 1440 and subsequently destroyed in 1666 by the Great Fire. It was then rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren between 1686 and 1690.
  • St. Margaret's is the parish church of the Bank of England and contains one of the finest examples of English organs, built by George England and first used on Easter Day, 1801. It was restored in 1984, stands in its original case and contains nearly all its original pipework.
  • St. Margaret's is the church of five City of London livery companies.
  • The church's classical portal has been attributed to Sir Christopher Wren's assistant, Dr Robert Hooke.
  • Cited in Simon Jenkins' 'England's Thousand Best Churches'.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

Lothbury
Lothbury
EC2
City of London
London
Angleterre
Royaume-Uni

Données techniques

140,09 ft
140,09 ft
1686
1690

Entreprises participantes

Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings