ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.

Orchestra Hall

Download as PDF Acheter des images

Identification

Orchestra Hall
Paradise Theatre
259673

Plan

Structure générale

Bâtiment bas
construit [achevé]
brique
terre cuite
maçonnerie
néo-renaissance

Usages

théâtre/opéra

Faits

  • The building was constructed in a very short amount of time starting construction June 6, 1919, and opening the night of October 23, 1919.
  • A 22'-9" flagpole rises at the middle of the front facade, and is higher than the penthouse levels by three inches.
  • The theater closed, again, in 1951 as the Big Band era came to a close.
  • Originally constructed to house the Detroit Symphony Orchestra which vacated the premises in 1939.
  • Following vacation by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra in 1939, the theater sat vacant until Christmas Eve of 1941, when the new owners reopened the theatre as the Paradise Theatre, which became a popular club hosting contemporary music acts of the Big Band era.
  • By 1970, the building had fallen into deep disrepair, and was facing almost certain demolition until the music community came together rallying to save the theater, and $6.8 million and 20 years later, the coalition reopened the hall to the DSO fully restored.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

3709-3749 Woodward Avenue
3711 Woodward Avenue
48202
University
Detroit
Michigan
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

90,73 ft
90,49 ft
90,49 ft
68,00 ft
179,69 ft
100,31 ft
4
1
6.6.1919
23.10.1919

Entreprises participantes


Show now
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings