ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Vous êtes ici:

Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse

Identification

Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse
Point Aux Barques Light
259823

Plan

Structure générale

phare
construit [achevé]
néo-roman

Usages

guidage des navires

Faits

  • The first lighthouse on this site was constructed in 1847, but like most lighthouses built that early on the Great Lakes, it deteriorated quickly and was replaced by the current lighthouse in 1857.
  • Because of its location on a 12-foot bluff, the actual navigation light of the lighthouse sits at a height of 93 feet above lake level, and was visible at a distance of 16 miles offshore.
  • The lighthouse and its land was decommissioned by the United State Coast Guard in the 1950's, and sold to Huron County in 1958 to be used as a museum, campground, and park, which it remains to this day.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

7170 Lighthouse Road
48468
Port Hope
Michigan
États-Unis d'Amérique

Données techniques

89,00 ft
1857
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings