ok Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
Vous êtes ici:

St. George's Anglican Church

Identification

St. George's Anglican Church
287062

Plan

Structure générale

église
construit [achevé]
néoclassique

Usages

église

Faits

  • The church is an imposing stone edifice in the Greek Revival style.
  • The nave has five bays with pilasters dividing the bays with each containing fifty pane windows with inclined reveals and simple capital moulding.
  • With its hilltop location in Battery Point, the fine tower gives the church landmark qualities and it may be seen from many parts of South Hobart.
  • The body of the church was completed in 1838, the tower was completed in 1847 and the portico was added in 1888.
  • The unified design of the edifice also contains fine doric portico with columns, pilasters, cornice, entaslature and decorated carvings.
  • Its architecture is reputed to be the finest Greek Revival church in Australia.
  • The church has a four-part stepped octagonal stone tower,with columns to level two and topped with a lantern.
  • The original lead cupola was degraded and so a restored copper dome was installed in May 2007.

Vous avez besoin d'informations supplémentaires sur ce bâtiment et les entreprises participantes?

Plus d'informations

Lieu

30 Cromwell Street
28 Cromwell St. Battery Point
7004
Hobart
Tasmanie
Australie

Données techniques

1836
1838
1888

Entreprises participantes

Spécificités

  • L'immeuble est connu dans cette ville
  • Patrimoine local
Vous avez trouvé une erreur?
Related Buildings