Nous utilisons des cookies sur notre site pour vous permettre le meilleur service possible. Plus d'informations peuvent être trouvées ici.
EmporisEmporis est une des plus grandes bases de données mondiales de bâtiments. Vous y trouverez des informations concernant des projets de construction, l'architecture, le BTP et l'aménagement urbain.//www.emporis.fr
Established as Yir Shalom (peace city) in 1922, by a group of jews from Yaffo who sought to leave the crowded city and bought lands for a new agricultural garden-town in its proximity. Two plans won a design competiton and In 1923 building started with groups of polish jewish immigrants. Much of the crops failed, until citrus orchards were introduced. In 1928 the name was changed to Ramat HaSharon (Sharon Heights).
At the end of WWII, the small town experienced growth and started to modernize with large public housing projects at the eastern city limit, Morasha Junction, becoming a local council in 1949.
By the late 60's, the city changed from agriculture to urban suburbs, as a northern satellite city of Tel Aviv, and in the 80's started attracting upper class residents by adding suburbs for detached and semi-detached homes, receiving city status in 2002.
Today, Ramat HaSharon is considered one of the high class residential cities in the Tel Aviv Metropolitan area, alongside some important institutions, such as the Israeli Tennis Center and the Rimon School of Jazz and Contemporary Music.